GED test offered this month
SARANAC LAKE – The New York state GED exam will be administered Monday and Tuesday, July 29 and 30, at 9 a.m. at the Adirondack Educational Center, 711 state Route 3.
Applicants must be at least 19 years of age on the first day of the exam or meet one of the following criteria in order to be eligible to take the exam:
1. One year has passed since you were last legally able to leave high school
and enrolled in a full-time high school program of instruction.
2. You were a member of a high school class that has already graduated.
3. You are enrolled in an Approved Alternative HIgh School Equivalency
4. *You have been accepted into the U.S. armed forces or a college, university or accredited post-secondary institution.
5. *You have been a member of the Job Corps for at least six months.
6. *You are incarcerated/institutionalized.
7. *You are an adjudicated youth under the direction of a prison, jail, detention center, parole or probation officer.
*You must also have reached maximum compulsory school attendance age.
Applications my be requested by phone at 518-683-1972 or by mail to Kathleen Curit, Adirondack Educational Center, 711 state Route 3, Saranac Lake, NY 12983. Applications for this exam must be received by Monday, July 22.