Campaigning for Adult Center board
To the editor and members of the community:
The Saranac Lake Adult Center will hold elections for six board member openings on Oct. 10 from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Adult Center located at 135 Broadway. All people 50 years and older who reside in the adjoining townships are allowed to vote.
Of the 14 candidates running for the six positions, we six members listed below are asking for your votes. As board members, we will provide the following services:
1. We will promote clear and helpful communication from the SLAC board to its membership and community.
2. We will promote continued service from Franklin County Association of Senior Citizens (Meals on Wheels, congregate lunches, etc.) and utilize our collective resources.
3. We will understand aging needs and will listen and act on suggestions.
4. We will be available by appointment to meet and talk with members during Adult Center hours.
5. We will continue programs such as bingo, cards, trips and implement new programs like cable TV for the wellness center, computer lessons, trips to plays, etc.
6. We will help draft new bylaws.
7. We will promote wise use of the center resources.
Please come down to the Adult Center and vote for YOUR Adult Center.